9.6.12

Field Day 2012

Music: Beirut - Nantes
 

Field Day was exactly one week ago today. A day full of music, laughter, friends and a whole lot of randomness. It was the first music festival that I'd ever been to and as I lay there on the grass completely immersed in music and beautiful bass I couldn't for the life of me understand why I had never been to one before. 

The day started early. Bleary-eyed I got myself to London for 11am to meet my friend, H. We caught up on lots of little stories as it had been a while and soon we were on our way to Victoria Park, giggling to ourselves that we didn't need a map. We just had to follow all the hipsters. Which we did :)

When we got in music greeted us and like children we excitedly danced from one  amusingly named tent to another (Bugged Out! Eat Your Own Ears.. to name a couple), enjoying music, watching games, teasing each other to join in the playfulness. There was room to stand and dance and also room to just sit or lay back losing yourself completely. At some point I remember just smiling with the realisation that I was surrounded by people who loved music as much as me and in this space and time all of our little lives and stories were overlapping. 
H making little garlands for our heads :)
Koreless playing his set..
Short person's view :p
In the afternoon everything got a lot busier. The music got louder, the energy was palpable and all inhibitions were lost. There was impromptu dancing, girls with flowers on their heads singing without a care and there I was with a camera in my hand just taking it all in. All of a sudden I realised I was drifting in a sea of people. If H wasn't wearing her bright green jeans I would have lost her completely. Friends turned up and we frantically texted each other trying to find each other among the crowd of people.
The best thing is when you run into more friends that you had no idea were attending! And this exactly what happened! It was as though we were all exactly where we were supposed to be. 
The sun joined us for little while and the rain held off til the last moment. The last set I watched was Beirut (link above) and it had just begun to drizzle. We didn't care. We just sang along and danced in the twilight rain. 

I reached home at 1am achingly tired, with sore feet and music still playing in my head. 
All in all, a pretty awesome day.


<3

Metronomy - The Bay


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos Bella, you really captured the spirit of the festival. xx

    ReplyDelete