31.5.11

Unspoken..

It's been 7 years since I began my Architecture course in the autumn of 2004. The years were the longest and most challenging yet. I made wonderful friends along the way, moved out of home and learnt a lot about myself. Although I do enjoy the subject, photography for me began as an escapism from it all, architecture and my life. Last week was a big week, after countless sleepless nights (and cups of coffee) I handed in my last ever piece of coursework. A few days later I learnt I passed (yay!!) it seems I'll be graduating with a Masters in Architecture after all!

Now that I'm at the end of this road I feel nostalgic for all the memories and the strange little bubble I was in. I feel as though I'm at a crossroads.. having to choose between something I've worked so long and hard for and my passion. I've given myself the summer to travel, work and decide or .. not decide and just see where the road takes me..

:)


2 comments:

  1. Do what you love and you can't go wrong.

    nuff said :)

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with @mybrandnewlife. I began a degree in International Business but soon realized that it wasn't what I wanted to do in my life. I dropped out after two months and I regret nothing. This year I'll be starting a degree in Audiovisual Comunication. So try to listen to your heart but be aware: the heart makes mistakes too. Just don't be too hard on yourself. Take it as a learning experience.

    ReplyDelete